- 2017: The Year of InfinitePosted 3 months ago
- 2016 blah blah blahPosted 3 months ago
- The last full moon of 2016Posted 3 months ago
- Everything is energyPosted 4 months ago
- Once upon a life purposePosted 5 months ago
- Delays and detoursPosted 6 months ago
- Past is the past is the pastPosted 6 months ago
- Mick Rory and Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad DayPosted 7 months ago
- Music That MotivatesPosted 7 months ago
- Destination Camrose?Posted 7 months ago
Who is Tamara?
Everything from Eminem to Aerosmith to Tony Bennett. Yes, I love Emimen and have mad respect for his genius skills as a writer. I often quote him and discuss the connection between Em and spirituality.
Chasing Amy, Get Him to the Greek, The Notebook, Magic Mike XXL (so much GIGGETY!), Stand By Me, and The Outsiders (Stay Gold, bitches).
“This is not the end of me. This is the beginning.” Christina Perri
“It feels like I just woke up or something. I guess I just forgot who the fuck I was.” Eminem
“You’re just like those rap stars; you’re always offending someone” My grandpa before he passed away
Tamara is the founder/producer of the YouAreFIERCE.com, an initiative that has been celebrating people who make a difference since 2010. She believes empowerment doesn’t have to come in a frilly package; sometimes it comes with a kick in the ass & an f-bomb or six. Through her story of resilience, she has inspired others to move past the negativity and shift their perspectives to focus on the good in others and themselves. In another life, she was a sports writer who has since evolved into a communications specialist.
She doesn’t coddle the victim, woe-is-me mentality and often speaks to women about what she have gone through, sending the message that life can kick you down but it’s your choice to get back up or curl up in the fetal position and quit. She challenges women to work together and celebrate other people’s success. She inspires others with her resilience and she champions women who are tired of the “mean girls” mentality.
FIERCE launched in 2008 as a part of MOM magazine, the print publication she created in 2007. It started out as a networking group and evolved into the FIERCE Awards in 2010, celebrating the differences in everyone and recognizes everyone who makes a difference. Over the course of 5 years, 212 women and men were recognized through the awards. For her efforts, the City of Edmonton proclaimed Oct. 27, 2014 “Tamara Plant Day.”
She shares her story of overcoming adversity in her book, Forgiveness and Other Stupid Things, and encourages others to make a difference in their own lives and in the lives of others. She once tweeted with S.E. Hinton while watching The Outsiders. It was as awesome as it sounds.
Awards and Recognition
- 2007 New Business of the Year
- 2008 Marketer of the Year
- 2010 1st-ever Canadian winner of the International Case Study Project of Inspiration and Women’s Leadership “Sisterhood of Success“
- 2014 The City of Edmonton proclaimed Oct. 27, 2014 “Tamara Plant Day”
This is an interview I did as part of the Elite Mastery Summit in 2016.