- 2017: The Year of InfinitePosted 4 months ago
- 2016 blah blah blahPosted 4 months ago
- The last full moon of 2016Posted 5 months ago
- Everything is energyPosted 5 months ago
- Once upon a life purposePosted 6 months ago
- Delays and detoursPosted 7 months ago
- Past is the past is the pastPosted 7 months ago
- Mick Rory and Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad DayPosted 8 months ago
- Music That MotivatesPosted 9 months ago
- Destination Camrose?Posted 9 months ago
The last full moon of 2016
All I’ve heard lately is how shitty 2016 has been and how people cannot wait for 2017 as if the start of a new year will magically flip the switch on everyone’s life. It doesn’t work that way regardless of how bad 2016 has been for you.
Personally, it’s been one of the best years of my life so I really don’t have any complaints. Globally, yeah, there’s been some things that have made me cringe, made me sigh and make me wonder why I bother reading the news. The reality is, it’s not the end of the world. You’ll wake up tomorrow, unless you don’t so make sure you make the most of every moment right now, and the sun will rise up. If you’ve been one of the people who have been weighted down by the negativity in the world and let it ruin your entire year, maybe this will help: you still have time to end 2016 on a high note.
What you end with is what they’ll remember the most. It’s a tip I read somewhere about successful keynote speeches and it makes total sense, right? Your first impression is extremely important but what matters more is how you end a conversation, a speaking engagement, a relationship or even a job. That sticks with the other person much longer than that first impression. This is my twisted way of telling you that if you do one thing to end 2016, you’re more likely to look back and say, “You know what? That wasn’t so bad.”
Tonight is the last full moon of the year and with every full moon, there comes release, purging and endings which always bring about new beginnings. If you cling to that which is supposed to end, you’ll carry it with you until you are ready to LET GO, ammiright? Think about this before you roll your eyes and close this tab: when you refuse to accept an ending, you are also refusing new beginnings to enter your life.
Full moons are a great time to let go of resentment, anger, grief, pain and conflict. Surrender it all to the universe/angels/God/source/whatever higher power you’re into and let them deal with it. That’s it, take a deeeeeeeeep breath and cleanse yourself of all that negativity.
Here are three ways to tap into the full moon energy and end 2016 on a high note:
- Write down what you no longer want in your life and burn the paper underneath the full moon. If you live in a climate colder than Frosty’s nutsack like I DO, you might not want to be outside and that’s OK. You don’t even have to see the moon to do this, spoiler alert, the moon energy penetrates walls. CRAZY, I KNOW! Write it down, light some candles, take a deep breath and release it to the (insert higher power of choice here).
- Acknowledge your fears or darkness and give it a little moonlight. Full moons often bring our biggest worries to the surface to confront them and offer it to the moon. You can’t control everything but you can control how tightly you cling to that fear.
- Get ready to close the chapter on what no longer serves your greatest and highest good or the greatest good of those around you. When you do this, you get ready to open the flood gates for that which will bring you joy, abundance and beautiful moments that might not be what you wanted but definitely what you needed. Don’t resist!
You have 18 days left in 2016 and a metric shittonne of minutes/seconds to go along with that so trust that the year will end on a high note and believe that 2017 will blossom like a spring time lily. It’s always darkest before the dawn but you might as well look for that light at the end of the tunnel.
Forgiveness and Other Stupid Things is now available on Kindle for only 99 cents until Dec. 16! After that, the price goes up to $4.99 so make sure to grab yours today. This version comes with 9 video extras after every chapter to offer a little more insight into the book.